Thank you for your interest in Celestial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Atlanta’s premiere plastic surgery destination. In our practice, we aim to make your virtual consultation process as smooth and informative as if you were visiting us in-office.
In order for that to happen, we are going to need a few things from you!
Please complete the following steps prior to your scheduled consultation:
- You will be receiving invitations via email to create portals for two separate systems, Modernizing Medicine and TouchMD. See separate documents for step-by-step instructions.
- Modernizing Medicine is our patient portal. Once you have created your account please download the PocketPatient application and complete ALL information located in the MyHealth tab.
- TouchMD is a software system we use to enhance our communication and optimize your experience at Celestial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. It is an essential part of a video consultation for two reasons. First, this is where you will upload your photos prior to your consult. Having photos on file allows us to give you the best information and recommendations for your goals! Second, this is the system we will us to host our secure our TeleConsult.
- MyHealth Information and TouchMD Photos must be completed and uploaded by the evening BEFORE your appointment in order to proceed. If these steps are not completed, the appointment must be rescheduled.
- Photographs should be taken in the following positions:
- Front: Arms down at your sides, arms above your head
- Side: Arms above your head, left and right
- Back: Arms at your sides and arms above your head
- Breasts: Front facing with arms down at your sides and then hands on the hips. Then left and right sides also with hands on the hips.
- Arms: Front facing with arms down at your sides, then hold your arms up parallel to the floor making a 90 degree angle between your arm and forearm. Repeat these arm positions with your back facing the camera.
- Thighs: Front facing with feet hips width apart, arms above your head. Then capture left and right sides and turn your back to the camera. Be sure to capture at least from the knees up!
- Face: Facing camera, be sure to capture from the clavicles up. Next an oblique angle on each side and a side (lateral) view left and right.
If you need additional instruction on taking your photos please let us know!
Day of appointment details:
- You will receive a phone call from our Front Desk approximately 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment. At this time they will verify that you have completed all requirements, and will then send you a link to the TeleConsult via text message or email. This link will take you to the waiting room.
- Please check that your settings allow access for TouchMD or Google Chrome to access your camera and microphone.
- It is important to be in a private and quiet place where you can have the phone on speaker (or use headphones!) and, if necessary, answer and talk on your phone, should the video quality be too poor due to low signal.
- You do not need to be undressed for the consultation. IF there is something you were unable to photograph well and you want to show us during your video chat, please be sure to wear clothing that allows quick and easy demonstration.
- Patients find it useful to have a notepad with some of their questions written down so they don’t forget what they want to ask us.
If you have any questions, concerns, or issues, please be sure to let us know as soon as possible and we will assist you as best we can.
We are looking forward to meeting you!